A play theme inspired by our lovely outing to Amners Farm lambing day, near the village of Burghfield, Reading. If you get a chance to visit your local farm I would highly recommend it.
Suggestions for farm themed activities
- Small world farmyard play – get the farm play animals out and pretend play with a tractor, animals and maybe a barn too.
- Make/craft small animals – You could craft some chicks, hens, sheep, pigs or cows with recycled junk e.g. egg boxes or toilet rolls, cotton wool balls, yoghurt pots etc.
- Make paper plate animal masks – use paper plates to make a pig, chicken or cow mask.
- Sing Old MacDonald has a farm or dingle dangle scarecrow.
- Read some farm stories, we love the Farmyard tales by Heather Amery & Stephen Cartwright.
- Draw and colour some animals and tractors, or maybe get the paints out too.
- Make a sensory tub farm – Use lentils, rice, mud, corn, water etc in a tub with your farm animals to get some full sensory play.
- Playdoh – have fun with Playdoh making a farm scene like this one from Sugar Aunts.
- Have a go a milking a cow, (the homemade version) via The inspired Treehouse
- Make a handprint farm like this one at Mom to 2 posh lil divas