After blowing so many eggs for our egg decorating at the weekend, we needed to find a way to eat the eggs. We decided to have a go at my friends recipe for egg muffins (thank you Lucy from Ma Vie Bella).
This is a very easy egg recipe for children to make.
Ingredients for egg muffins
- A little milk
- Grated cheese
- Sweetcorn or other filling (optional)
To make the muffins
- With the eggs cracked or blown into a bowl, lightly whisk them together with a little milk (just like for scrambled egg).
- Cut the crusts off of the bread.
- Cut the bread in half.
- Lay the 2 halves of bread in a muffin tin, in a cross formation and push them down.
- Pour some egg mixture into the bread.
- Let the egg soak into the bread a little, then pour in a little more.
- Add some grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 15 mins.
You could also add some sweetcorn or other filling if you wish. These are great for picnics and I found are a nice different way to try eggs with children.
Pinky enjoyed making these for us all. She found them very easy and fun to make. Children always love a bit of whisking, cutting, pouring and sprinkling of cheese.
What do your children like cooking?