Use your imagination to blend up a wicked fruit concoction to enjoy at Halloween or any other autumn events.
Each recipe serves 2
- 4 strawberries
- 20g raspberries
- 100ml cranberry juice
- 200ml fresh orange juice
Green Eyed Monster
- 2 kiwis
- ½ banana
- 250ml semi skimmed milk OR soy milk
- 20g white grapes
- 20g blueberries
- 20g blackberries
- 250ml apple juice OR milk
- 1 peach
- 125g peach yogurt (small pot)
- 200ml milk OR soy milk
- Blender or smoothie maker
- Measuring jug
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Cups to serve
- Wash all the fruit that you are using for your recipe.
- Peel the peach if using and remove the stone, peel the kiwi if using and hull the strawberries if using.
- Measure out your milk, juice or yogurt and pour into the blender jug or smoothie maker.
- Chop the fruit into 1–2cm pieces and add to the milk or juice.
- Blend for 10 seconds (don’t forget to put the lid on your blender).
- Pour your smoothie into cups to serve.
Something to try next time:
- Invent your own smoothie using different types of soft fruit, milk, fruit or vegetable juice or yogurt.
- Why not pick your own fruit? Or choose fruit from a local greengrocers, farmer’s market or supermarket.